The WELC Pre-K lottery is open from now until April 3, and once again it’s online and easier than ever! Click on the form link attached to this post for an opportunity to send your 3- or 4-year-old to the Warwick Early Learning Center Pre-K program in the 2020-21 school year.
To be eligible, children must turn 3 or 4 by Sept. 1, 2020, and all children are strongly encouraged undergo child outreach screening. For more information, or to arrange a clinic appointment for your pre-school aged child, call Julie Martin at 401-921-0443. You can also see the Child Outreach web page for more details about screenings.
Important points to know:
• All applicants must be Warwick residents
• Acceptance is through a lottery process – winning applicants will be notified, not everyone who applies will be accepted
• Children MUST be toilet trained to enter the WELC Pre-K program
• We strongly encourage all eligible children to have developmental screening – please call 401-921-0443 to arrange a screening
• Pre-K classes are held half-days in the AM and PM Monday-Friday, no school every other Friday
• TRANSPORTATION MUST BE PROVIDED BY PARENTS/GUARDIANS – there are no district buses for Community Peers
• Tuition for the 2020-21 school year is $146/mo. for full-pay families
• Financial aid is available for qualifying households – information on how to apply will be provided to accepted applicants once the lottery has closed.
The application window is open until April 3, 2020 – apply today!